#41 Write the answers to the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind"

>> Jan 20, 2011

Here's part one

Part 2

  1. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?  I'd rather not be able to make new ones, I'd never want to forget where I came from, how my mother's hugs felt, how my children were as babies.  I know I wouldn't make new memories but I'd still experience life, and remember my past.
  2. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes.  I don't know if I am one of those people but I know people who have faith.  I admire it.
  3. Has your greatest fear ever come true?  No.
  4. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? I don't remember it, so I guess not.  Oh wait, that was when my husband lost his job and we had to move out of state to Vegas.. so yeah I guess it mattered.
  5. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?  I have many happy childhood memories, I had a good childhood.  Yes we had our issues but we had a good childhood and I have MANY happy memories.  I think given many of my friends had divorced parents, custody issues, absent fathers, abusive mothers, crazy situations, it reinforces my opinion that my childhood was special as a whole.
  6. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? When I created a scrapbook layout.  Its not the most passionate or alive but it was recent.  I mixed my art journaling knowledge, sprinkled in a little Dina Wakley and made a great page with paint splatter, a fun title and did it all in an empty room (no kids) where i could just play and not have to have one ear open to make sure no one was getting into things.
  7. If not now, then when? I'm the queen of procrastination so probably 5 minutes before it NEEDS to be done.
  8. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? My mind.  Seriously, it's barely there as is.
  9. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?  Not exactly, but I have spent several evenings not talking to my husband but just being in the same room and at the end of it I had enjoyed the idea we can just be together without forced conversation.
  10. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? It isn't the religion that causes war, it's people.  People in general tend to be narrow minded and feel only their way of believing in something is right.
  11. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? In some cases, yes it is possible.  In most cases, I feel life is a shade of grey and everyone has to find their own view of where that grey lays. 
  12. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?  No, I'm a stay at home mom. I can't quit.
  13. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?  More work that I enjoy doing.  I love being busy, always did.  
  14. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Oh man, yes.  I love routines and despise them at the same time.
  15. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? When I started my kit club, it was fantastic.
  16. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? I would spend the day in my home with my kids & husband.  I would call my family and friends but people would have to come visit me.  I am dying they can put a little effort into it.  Seriously though, I'd want to inhale every moment with my kids.
  17. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Never.  I don't think I'm extremely unattractive for starters and fame is overrated.
  18. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is to go through the motions.  Eat, drink, interact.  Truly living is eating with joy, drinking with good friends and interacting without purpose, for the joy of interacting.
  19. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? The older I get the more I think Nike has it right and you should "just do it"
  20. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? The pressure of appearances.  We are afraid to be wrong, afraid of what people will think, of embarrassing ourselves or of just complete and utter failure.
  21. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I would live without abandon.  I'd sing at the top of my lungs, I'd be loud and witty.  I would do a lot more creative parenting!
  22. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?  The other night, I was sleeping on my stomach and listening to my breath go in and out of my lungs.  It lulled me to sleep as I thought of how pudgy I've gotten and maybe I should work on my health.
  23. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love my family, friends and expressing myself.  I do not think I'm expressing my love well in any of these arenas.
  24. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?  Since I've done basically nothing for the last week, I highly doubt I'd want to remember any of this...
  25. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?  At the moment I'm on a mental vacation.  In general I believe I make decisions for myself or with my husband, but right now I'm practicing just being alive. 

1 comments:

Katrina Kennedy January 20, 2011  

LOVE these questions and reading your answers. I'm a bit inspired to take them on myself! Thanks for the inspiration.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP