#41 Write the answers to the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind"

>> Jan 6, 2011

This was a list item I 'borrowed' from other people's lists.  I saw it a few times so I thought it sounded interesting enough and who knows maybe I'll learn something about myself in the process.  I pulled the questions off the facebook page titled shockingly enough:  "50 Questions that will Free Your Mind :)"
PART 1
  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? I'd definitely be younger, I don't feel thirty six.  I do not think it's old, I just don't feel it.  
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Without a doubt, never trying is far worse.
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?  Essentially people do
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Probably, but is that always a bad thing?  What if the things you said inspired others to do?  It reminds me of a play, the stars get all the credit for the "doing" and without the director telling them what to do, would they have done as much? Don't get me started on the under appreciated stage hands...
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?  I wish more people thought of others more often then they think of themselves.  I wish they would have a thought on how their actions may affect other, from simple every day things like making sure the door they walk through doesn't swing shut on the next person, to 
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Geeze, I definitely would want to do something that made me laugh.  I think being a critic.  I'd only be a critic of movies & stand up comedy.  I know I'd see some bad ones, but the law of statistics I'd have some great laughs.
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Both.  Creatively, my work at Get It Scrapped & Masterful Scrapbook Design is something I believe in and love doing.  Some personal things in my life, I truly feel I'm just surviving right now.
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?  Well since Keagan is 3 I think I'd have had children younger.  As a mom, I can't get past the idea this question would leave my kids motherless in four years.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?  I think my answer can best be described in a dialogue performed by the great Nicole Kidman as Dr. Claire Lewicki: "Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs".  Honestly, at best I think we can only make the best decision we have with the information we have at the time.  So with each choice my life has given me, I made the decision for what that's worth.
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?  I'm far more concerned with doing the right thing, in every walk of life. 
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? This is an unanswerable question.. assuming it's people I respect and admire, they wouldn't distastefully or unjustly criticize anyone.  I don't respect or admire these qualities.  If they did, I'd lose respect and have no problem filling them in on a few details of my friend who isn't there to defend herself.
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Listen to your mother.
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Without hesitation.
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?  Of course, as I imagine the first person who viewed a Picasso felt...
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Probably the fact that I almost always, like 95% of the time base my decisions on how it will affect others.  I don't think when I state that people really understand.  Even something as small as the idea of spitting my gum out on the ground causes me to think of the fact someone will inevitably step in it and I'll have ruined a new pair of shoes on some poor person who saved up for weeks to get them.  (Yes, it's that insane in my head)  
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?  Oh what a sad world it would be if everyone loved the same things.  Imagine if everyone was passionate about one thing, let's pretend that one thing is hot dogs.  We'd have a hundred varieties of hot dogs; every restaurant would revolve around hot dogs.  We'd miss out on chicken carbonara, pizza, enchiladas, lobster bisque...
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?  I need to be more creative.  Time and general household noise is holding me back.  Seems lately I can't concentrate with all the 'background' noise my four boys give me.
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?  Who isn't?  I'd elaborate but then I'd have to let go of it, even just a little.
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?  I'd move to Ireland.  If it's half as beautiful as I dreamed I'd be three time as happy as I imagine living there.  
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? I do push it on occasion more than once, but usually as a joke.  Obviously it doesn't.  
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Ick, I tend to be more on the worried, smart person side so I think the grass is always green and being joyful sounds appealing (at times)
  22. Why are you, you? I'm me because my parents are my parents, my friends are my friends, my enemies my enemies.  You are only the parts of you that make the whole.  Each part being your experiences and each experience is a manifestation of the people around you.  
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?  No.  While I don't think I'm the worst friend you can have, if I think all of my friends are better than me.  Shouldn't it be that way though?  I can't imagine thinking I'm better than my friends.  I just wish I shared more of their qualities.  Remembering birthdays before they happen, thinking of little things to say or do that make my day.  I try to be better but it's because they inspire me to do so.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a friend is worse.  Some of my greatest friendships are with people who live far way, physical distance can be overcome where as emotional distance is harder.  
  25. What are you most grateful for?  My peeps.  My family, friends and general acquaintances.  I can't imagine a luckier person than, well me!
Ok not bad, that's half the list.. thanks for reading & supporting me in this adventure.  I have to say before I started I wanted to change this item to something else.  Now that I've done it, i wont say I had an epiphany but sometimes it's good to put a few beliefs you have 'out there' as random as they may seem.

1 comments:

Neala n Dave January 10, 2011  

I really enjoyed reading your list. Thank you for sharing.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP