#40 Have watched a Academy Award Best Picture nominated movie from each year

>> Jan 10, 2011

So this evening my friend Terri & I watched a movie together.. well sort of we watched at the same time while chatting on facebook... 


In Old Chicago
Directed by Henry KingStarring Tyrone PowerAlice FayeDon AmecheThe O'Leary brothers -- honest Jack and roguish Dion -- become powerful figures, and eventually rivals, in Chicago on the eve of its Great Fire.

I normally love old movies, I really do.  Not so much this one.  I don't know why.. I think the dialogue was just not my favorite? But it did make me google the whole "cow started the great chicago fire" in 1871, only to find out it was a lie that a reporter started and admitted to in 1893.  It's not shocking a reporter lied, but that reporters lying to the public to sensationalize a story has been going on for 140 and yet for the most part people believe what they read...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP