Will you listen to me for five minutes

>> Dec 15, 2010

Author: Patti Digh
Creative is a Verb: If You're Alive, You're Creative
@pattidigh

Prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.


Wow, five minutes.  Well I will do this five minutes as my life exists, with interruption and distraction so here goes.... 


My mind is blank.  I don't know that monumental things happened in 2010 but I know that there are things I want to remember when I lose my mind.. memory in five minutes.  I want to remember how funny my family is, and not in a demeaning way but that they are just witty and when I least expect it will make me laugh even when I don't want to.  The other day Kyle was being his usual hyper self and I asked (very frustrated and fed up with it) "Is that necessary?"and he quoted the move Dodgeball "Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No but it tastes good" I don't know why he thought of it in that moment but it made me laugh.  Yesterday on facebook Austin's friends got into a squabble on one of his status updates, when it ended quickly, he commented "dang I just made popcorn for the show".. my younger two are no less witty.  I took Zach to see Tangled last night, when the guy gives the girl the lovelorn look, in the quiet theater Zach says "oh geeeeze"... once my sister in law was picking at Keagan who abruptly turned around and said "HEY! what's the big idea??" All of this wit and humor happens on a daily basis, so what do I want to remember about 2010, that I smiled... a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP