Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

>> Dec 16, 2010

Author: Martha Mihalick
Editor at Harper Collins
@curiousmartha

Prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?


Another doozy of a question... perhaps it hits to the belief I don't think people change overnight or the fact I'm too close to the subject matter, but I'm hard pressed to think of how I changed this year.  It may seem like a default because I've discussed this already, but it's the only thing I can think of and that's the idea of what art is.  I have a habit of categorizing things, I like order.  I like all Zach's clothes on small blue hangers, Keagan's on red, Kyle's on white and Austin's on large blue.  I like all of my Christmas decorations in one bin, other holidays in their own bin, I like my canned goods grouped together, and yes I prefer labels out a la sleeping with the enemy.  (Not to say they stay this way I'm not the only person in the house)  So when Debbie added some gal named Dina Wakley to the roster at Get It Scrapped I was introduced to a new world, art journaling.  When I first started, I did art journaling in my art journaling books, but this year I've slowly dabbled a little with the idea of putting 'art journaling' things into my scrapbooks.  After Inky Fingers in September, it felt like a burst of an idea to go home and do the layout for this article.  It was inky and messy and still scrapbooky.  I love my new perspective on my art and am glad I finally feel like I'm coming into my own style.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP