This that.. the other..

>> Dec 2, 2010

In keeping with my daily posts I've joined in on a few things.. Reverb10.. very interesting project daily prompts, aimed to the writer of any level.  December Daily - no prompts but trying to document your december.  I always keep an eye on Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas since once you're in you're in for life.  Then there's my desire to photograph more to improve my limited skills.  Katrina posted a great list at Get It Scrapped today, it's a printable pdf so it will be easiest to check off as I go.  Am I feeling over extended?  Of course.  Do I mind? Not at all.  If I miss a day I'll mind then.  So far, I've tried to make this a morning priority and here I am at 7am having been up an hour and posting my dailies already.  Go me!

First up, the easy one.. the photo.  I'm using Katrina Kennedy's list from GIS, you can find it here.  I'm not going in order and though some may think I cheated, I think I was pretty creative with today's photo. It's number 2, 'a list'.

The Power of Less: The Fine Art of Limiting Yourself to the Essential...in Business and in LifeToday's Reverb prompt is from Leo Babauta.. did I know who he was before 5am this morning?  Another Not at all answer.  But I do now and he's a very interesting soul.  Though I'll take credit for having heard of his book The Power of Less.  I have a feeling learning about the prompt authors this month is going to be just as interesting as the reflections of myself.
Author: Leo Babauta  focusmanifesto.com  @zen_habit

Prompt: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?
Did I mention the month is going to be one thought provoking question after another?  I'm not a writer so I am opting to alter the question to involve something I do creatively and that's scrapbook/art journal, just getting 'crafty' in general.  The problem with the question isn't what I do each day, it's what I don't do.  I don't prioritize it.  It's "play" and not necessary, it's a luxury.  I also do not manage my time wisely.  I did for a short time manage to set myself a schedule but here in lies the problem:  I'm a stay at home mom.  As a procrastinator that's an issue because there IS always tomorrow to do things since I don't have a "real" job.  I'm not discounting us mothers who have the privilege of staying home with our children, what I am doing is admitting it can be an issue to not have deadlines and schedules.  I do mean actual real deadlines.  I'm probably not the best at self enforced deadlines... I'm smarter that myself.  I know that if I don't get something done by saturday there aren't extreme consequences.  I can craft sunday and do the dishes monday.  Trust me, I have a husband, four boys and now two puppies in this house... I'm not getting fired if I don't get my work done on time.

Last, I'm going to try to write about my favorite things about the season. I'm roughly working off this list, from the one month at a time article I wrote.  Again, I'm not doing this in the order.  I'm going to share my favorite place to visit during the holidays.  It's a place I haven't been in forever because of circumstances.  I honestly don't think the woman does it any more.  It was when I was a child, we'd go each year.  This person opened up her home to everyone and had every square inch decorated.  Literally, every square inch.  She had a huge snowman that was the size of the house in her front yard, a big santa & sleigh on her room.  Inside was like a christmas museum.  We'd walk around and oogle all the trinkets and ornaments.  There was always a santa to give your secret wish list to and in return you got a candy cane.  I was able to take Kyle when he was about one but that was the last time I saw it.   I wish I could explain how my description does not do it justice.  It's an amazing home.  I wish I had photos to share.

And now I feel like I could conquer the day, I'm 2 for 2.

1 comments:

Sian December 02, 2010  

I wish you had photos too - it sounds amazing!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP