So begins December

>> Dec 1, 2010

I'm going to try to keep up with a post a day.. today i captured this photo.  I could have gotten a better shot with a more willing subject, I think after the third snap he started realizing I was trying to capture how he tore up the tree... I then played with some goodies from Anna Aspnes and learned a little about photoshop.  I also posted in the forums at GIS about my favorite christmas memory.  It's when my mom got me the same gift I had gotten her.  When she opened the gift I got for her she said "oh crap I opened your gift" which made everyone laugh and I said "no, that one is yours, but thanks for ruining my surprise" it also started this "oops merry christmas" we did in the Blanchard house.  If you were about to purchase something that someone had gotten you, the other person would say "Oops, merry christmas" in essence it was sorry for ruining the surprise but don't waste your money it's under the tree.  As we got older and had more of our own money, we heard "oops, merry christmas" a lot more ;)


I also joined reverb10.  It's a focus on reflecting all of 2010 and not just day by day for december.  Today's prompt is:

December 1 One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)



So what is my one word..wow.  It's a lot harder than I would think.  Assessing.  I spent a lot of this year taking a look at things, things that I need to organize, life, home, relationships, finances.  I did not necessarily take actions but thought a lot about the type of person I want to be and how that relates to these areas of my life.  Next year I hope my one word would be together.  For a multitude of definitions.  Together time with my family & friends, 'together' in my ideals and actions.  Getting it together with my responsibilities and leisure time.   

2 comments:

taniawillis December 01, 2010  

hi tami! happy dec 1st! looking forward to seeing more photos and hearing more stories. :)

michael December 02, 2010  

hey tami! summing up a year in one word was a lot harder then i thought it would be, but your 2011 word i think is fantastic. "together" - to me - is an overlooked concept as most people tend to get caught up in little things in life. if you dont have friends and family, ideals, etc, then what do you *really* have?

look forward to reading more!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP