Excuse me while I vent...

>> Dec 1, 2010

Vegas is not all it's cracked up to be.  In no way am I denying we've solidly built our reputation for sin & 'fun' but it's not ALL that Vegas is.  I received news of a disturbing comment by a judge that Vegas might not be a good environment for kids.  It really isn't that different than any other part of the world, honestly.  There are good areas, bad areas and areas I don't dare go.  We had good & bad areas in Michigan (my only point of comparison).  There was a certain area that gained a reputation for drugs back there.  Does that mean you shouldn't raise kids in Monroe then? What people don't realize about Las Vegas is that it's beyond huge.  It's roughly 130 square miles, the las vegas strip is merely 4 miles long.  Not everyone lives in a hotel on the strip.

The rest of the Vegas is families.

This is Vegas - about 4 miles from my house...


This is Vegas - geocaching

This is Vegas - State Park (.5 mile from my house)

So don't believe the hype, it's not all drugs, drinks & dames.  We have multi cultural centers, fine art galleries, performing arts centers and the list goes on. Before you claim it's a 'bad' place or you'd never live there, come visit and leave the strip.  

1 comments:

Mary C. December 01, 2010  

You tell 'em, girl!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP