Inspire, Desire, Aspire

>> Dec 13, 2010

I am inspired on a daily basis.  I help other get inspired by my work at Get It Scrapped & Masterful Scrapbook Design.  What I desire to do is aspire to use the inspiration.  (How's that for a tongue twister?)

When I think of the things I want to do I mostly think of two areas of my life; family & art.  Today's reverb10 prompt has me pontificating on aspirations.

December 13 – Action When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)


I have lots of ideas both family & art related.  I think for my family we just need to change our family time from the quantitiy to the quality.  We currently have some cabin fever and everyone seems to be on everyone's nerves.  I hope that after the holiday break (providing we don't go completely nuts on each other) that we take time to better appreciate each other.  I have ideas on how to do this (though more are always welcome!) but I wont elaborate because I need to work them out and plan on springing them on my family ;)


As for art and aspirations, my only plan is to plan.  I don't plan time for me well, nor do I stick to it well.  I decide on any given evening to go into my art room and 'play' then Zach & Keagan follow.  While I love my time in here with them it is counter productive to my well being.  They get into a lot of things which I don't stop them because I like giving them the freedom to create just like I want.  They aren't being bad, they are just trying to make art like I do.  How can I stop that?   The other issue is that Zach talks.  And I love my son to pieces, but trying to do something creative with non-stop talking in the background halts the creative processes faster than finding out your out of atg refills.


So my next step is to fill my 2011 calendar with play dates, or my family, for me, for my kids.  Play is the goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP