A body in motion, will stay in motion

>> Dec 12, 2010

Unless it's mine.  Then it will be in motion until it finds a comfy spot..

Today's prompt is about the body:

December 12 – Body Integration This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)


I honestly find that I'm often a cohesive me, but it's not always a positive thing.  When I'm down, I feel down as a whole, bad inside & out.  When I feel good I feel good and am accepting of myself, again inside & out.  I'm kind of an all or nothing gal.

I will say that any discussion of body reminds me I need to get back to the gym.  It isn't about losing weight, though it's an added incentive, it's about how I feel when I work out more.  I do like a good sweat.  I feel cleansed.  I love the immediate affect of losing 'weight', yes I am educated and know it's water weight but as a woman I retain water, sometimes in my opinion the term "mass amounts" would fit here.  So when I get a good sweat going, I feel good.  I don't smell good, heck, I'm not sure I smell human.
I miss, and look forward to working out again.  Going to the gym, and spending an hour on the treadmill, then weights, then biking.  I always try to 'bring it'.  I don't allow myself to think about things.  I can't write lists or send emails while I'm running on a treadmill or trying to keep track of how many reps I've done.  It is a rare time when I purposely only allow my brain to be a unitasker.  

It isn't really just about the workout, but the after.  There is a moment after working out when I feel completely and utterly... detoxified.  Yes, I'm aware medical professionals, sweat only contains trace amounts of toxins, but we aren't just talking about bodies today are we?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP