want some cheese with that whine?

>> Dec 19, 2010

Author: Jake Nickell
The Threadless Book
@skaw
Prompt: Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

I avoided housework.  Seriously, it was an issue.  Not to say my house is filthy it's not.  Cluttered, yes beyond belief.  I have toys here and toys there and laundry doesn't get put away, the kitchen is a little worse as we dirty more dishes in a day than the dishwasher can do in a load.  I'm not consistent in checking chores that the boys are suppose to do, all in all I failed as a housekeeper.  Truth be told I gave up.  I just stopped caring because frankly it's annoying to clean the kitchen and have someone come in and spill something and not clean it up, or only clean half it up.  It's frustrating to look at our backyard with leaves and whatever the winds blew in from California.  What's the point of picking up the bikes in the backyard, will it some how make it look "clean"?  The household duties just seemed like such an insurmountable task that I adopted the feeling there was no point so I stopped caring.  I realize it's not by any means as bad as one would see on hoarders or that child protective services should be called (just for the record, and my need to make sure you in cyber space realize I dont live in a total pigsty, it really isn't more than clutter spot issues), but it's not what I want to live in, and it really did feel like a one man show with me in charge of it all for the most part.  And all of it was just overwhelming.  So this one man show quit.  But as always, I will try to start the new year off, after the chaos of christmas, with a fresh attitude, & a clean house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP