Ordinary, extraordinary

>> Dec 27, 2010

Author: Brené Brown
The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
@brenebrown


Prompt: Ordinary joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?


This reminds me of an article I recently prepared for the January Masterful Scrapbook Design series.  Karen Grunberg wrote about ordinary moments and while I was editing, inserting pictures and reading her words, I realized it was right then an ordinary moment.  I was sitting on the couch with my laptop, Keagan singing along to some show and the older three boys in school.  Each day there are a few quiet hours then Austin comes home, then Kyle then shortly after I run out to get Zach.  It's every day life 90% of the time and it's in this routine that I feel at ease and happy.  Hearing Austin tell me a few things about his day before Kyle gets home, getting a few minutes of Kyle's time to hear how guitar went or which class he's interested in that week, then trying to extract any information from Zach about his day when all he wants to know is what he can have for snack.  In my opinion, living happens in these ordinary moments and I enjoy them all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP