list o'10

>> Dec 28, 2010

Author: Tara Sophia Mohr
The Women's Seder Sourcebook: Rituals & Readings for Use at the Passover Seder
@tarasophia
 
Prompt: Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
 
I want to really work on my 101 Things list and work on just being more "together".  Both in the definition of being more organized and having a handle on things and spending more quality time together with people important to me.  This is all a stride towards being 'complete'.  I have 10 resolutions to help achieve this:

  1. Use my planner, make sure I'm managing my time wisely and balancing it between duties, family and self.
  2. Create, as much as possible.  Art soothes, it heals and it inspires.
  3. I am joining a book club that will study the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, to help me find my areas that most need work or areas I can pat myself on the back for
  4. Participating in the Day Zero Project, where you list 101 things you want to do in 1001 days, is going to motivate my inner list maker
  5. Focusing on quality vs quantity.  We spend a lot of time in this family occupying the same spaces but I wouldn't call it quality.  More game nights, more talk of the movie we just watched together not just watch and everyone goes off and does their thing.  
  6. Have accountability partners, friends like Terri, Cindy, Celia, Angie, Michelle, Debbie, etc. who remind me of my goals, taking it easy or just giving general support on the things I'm doing in my life are important.  Even if they don't realize they are doing it, they are.
  7. Make time.  There are 24 hours in a day, I still suffer insomnia to some extent so what am I doing with my time?  Use it wisely and do not even utter "i don't have time" 
  8. Take the road trip of my dreams.  It is very important to me to drive to Michigan this summer, very important.  It is a roadtrip with my kids and the chance to 'unplug' and just hang with them.
  9. Blog, when I blog and put stuff 'out there' I feel more committed to doing it, probably fear of looking like a cyber failure
  10. Remember to keep life fun, the things I do, the time I plan and the choice I make should have the same result of upping the fun factor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP