You are free and that is why you are lost. - Franz Kafka

>> Nov 15, 2010

I love art journaling.  I really do.  But I find a blank canvas intimidating.  When I first 'met' Dina Wakley during her Art Journaling 101 class at Get It Scrapped I just wanted to be an awesome art journaler like she was.  It just never felt right.  I'm not saying I don't enjoy art journaling I love it!  But I don't necessarily love my pages.  I love my photos now more than ever and have missed scrapbooking.  So maybe to the smarter friends you're already thinking mix the two but it wasnt' that apparent to me.  Now it is.. I made this layout for an article that went up today.  I haven't enjoyed creating a layout like I enjoyed this one.  It was fun from the first flick of the paint brush (Dina's mantra) to the last little bits and pieces that I laid on my grid a la Doris Sander style.. I just love that somewhere Dina got it in my head I don't have to choose between one art or the other. And that I am going to make some mistakes, but you just shrug and say "oops, oh well" and move on.. and eventually you'll get these pages that you feel are really "you" :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP