One of my FAVORITE dinners..

>> Nov 6, 2010

This is one of my favorite meals, and just about everyone in my family likes it (surprise!)  I started with a recipe from Alton Brown but thanks to a friend Dina Wakley's sweet potato recipe I knew how yummy they were savory (not actually a huge fan of sweet potatoes when they are sweet like with marshmallows and the like)

Anyway, here's the recipe and my additions :)

The original recipe can be found here.


Ingredients

  • 16 pieces of chicken
  • 1 cup plus 1/4 tablespoons olive oil (I use more olive oil because my pan is large)
  • 15 sprigs fresh thyme
  • 40 peeled cloves garlic
  • Salt and pepper, & baby bam if you have/like it
  • 3 sweet potatoes (use fresh do not substitute canned) diced into 1.5" cubes
  • 1 head of cauliflower cut into 2" pieces (or 1 bag of frozen works fine)
  • 1 bag of frozen italian green beans (the wider ones)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. I also season with Baby Bam (the recipe is after the salad recipe) Toss with a 1/4 tablespoons olive oil and brown on both sides in a wide fry pan or skillet over high heat. Remove pan from heat, add oil, thyme, and garlic cloves. Add over chicken:  sweet potatoes, cauliflower & beans.  Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Remove chicken from the oven, let rest for 5 to 10 minutes serve.


Voila! Great one dish meal and it is SO good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP