Prompt 3 - Shimelle's Home Class

>> Apr 13, 2008

Prompt 3 was to do a mini-book about doorways that feel like home.. here is my take on the prompt. The space in the middle with the little white strip is a place holder for pictures of the indian river and custer street doors. 

 

Journaling reads:

(far left small block)  this door is my “now” our first home in NV it is still surreal to think it’s my home but it becomes more “home” daily.

(right page large block) So many doors in my life.  There are more doors that are “home” to me than those pictured but these are the most significant.  Harvard is where I grew up.  This is and will always be home to me.  Oxford is the home my parents moved to when my brother & I left the nest.  It is also where I returned to when I was pregnant with Kyle.  It’s his first home.  Indian River & Twining are the homes I spent so many summers at running off to play with the dozens of cousins I had.  Custer Road is my brother’s home where as a young adult and new mother I spent many days watching Kyle & Erin play.  Bomiea was my first home with Tony, the first family home our kids lived together.  All of these homes are special and each as a reserved place in my heart 0 for all these homes were places I was always welcome, I never knocked at any of these doors.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  April 14, 2008  

Love your pages. What paper did you use - it looks yummy.

Tamarra April 14, 2008  

It's the new SEI Dill Blossom. The kit is from The Scrap Room kit club.. www.scrap-room.com

I'm not affiliated with them just a member!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP